It is a painkiller medication prescribed by doctors to relieve pain from major surgeries, twisted ankles or teeth extraction. Tapentadol 100mg works in the brain and controls how our body responds to the pain. It is an opioid pain medication. It is manufactured under the brand names Nucynta and Nucynta-ER (Extended-Release). Extended-release tablets are used to treat severe neuropathic pain. They should not be used in general or on a daily basis to treat pain.
Can Tapentadol be a cause of severe rashes on the skin?
Along with all the benefits that the medicine offers, sometimes it causes some unwanted effects too. But the effects vary from person to person and on the dosage of the medicine.
Tapentadol may trigger anaphylaxis, a life-threatening allergic reaction that necessitates emergency medical intervention. If you get a rash, itching, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, or any swelling of your hands, face, or lips while taking this prescription, contact your doctor immediately. If the dose is increased without the supervision of the doctor or a person is allergic to tapentadol then it can be a cause of severe rashes on the skin
Usual adult dose for pain:
- For pain, patients may be given a starting dose of 50 to 100 mg orally every 4 to 6 hours as needed. If the pain persists, a second dose can be given one hour after the first.
- Patients may be given 50, 75, or 100 mg orally every 4 to 6 hours in the future. To maintain proper analgesia and tolerability, adjust the dosage.
- On the first day, patients may be given a maximum dose of 700 mg, followed by 600 mg on consecutive days.
-Use the lowest effective dosage for the shortest time possible, based on the specific patient’s treatment goals.
-Watch for respiratory depression, particularly in the first 24 to 72 hours after taking the medicine and as the dose is raised.
Dose for Chronic Pain in Adults:
- Patients should be given a 50 mg dose twice a day, to begin with.
- Gradually increase the dose to provide adequate analgesia while minimizing negative effects; dose increments should not exceed 50 mg twice a day every three days.
- Orally, twice a day, a maintenance dose of 100 mg to 250 mg can be given.
- The maximum daily dose is 500 mg.
-Stop taking any other tapentadol or tramadol medications before starting tapentadol extended-release pills.
-Because there is a risk of addiction, abuse, and misuse even at permitted levels, it should only be used for individuals who have no other treatment options.
-If discomfort persists after dose stability, attempt to figure out what’s causing it before raising the dose.
Tapentadol Side Effects
Common side effects:
- Constipation, nausea
- Stomach discomfort, vomiting
- Headache, tiredness
- Dizziness, sleepiness
Serious side effects of tapentadol may include:
- gasping, shallow breathing, and breathing that comes to a standstill
- a sense of drowsiness, as if you’re going to pass out
- agitation and a feeling of being overheated
- extreme drowsiness or dizziness, disorientation, and problems with speech or balance
- Serotonin syndrome symptoms include hallucinations, fever, high heart rate, muscle stiffness, twitching, lack of coordination, nausea, and diarrhea.
- Nausea, vomiting, weight loss, exhaustion, and weakness are all signs of low cortisol levels.
If you see any of these symptoms, you should get medical help right at once. In older persons, serious respiratory issues are possible. Opioids can cause your respiration to slow or stop, and even death. Consult your doctor right away if you have slow breathing with long pauses, bluish-tinted lips, or are unable to wake up.
Q:1) When should tapentadol not be used?
If you have severe asthma or breathing issues, a stomach or intestinal obstruction (including paralytic ileus), or if you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the previous 14 days, such as isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, or tranylcypromine, you should not use tapentadol.
Q:2) How long does tapentadol keep you awake?
Tapentadol extended-release (tapentadol 100mg) has been studied for pain in people with chronic osteoarthritis, low back pain, and pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy and it has a 12-hour duration effect.
Q:3) Can pregnant or breastfeeding mothers take tapentadol?
Tapentadol should not be taken by pregnant or breastfeeding women. Although there isn’t enough information on the effects of tapentadol on a growing infant, some research suggests that it may transfer via the mother to the baby.
Where can you buy tapentadol 100mg tablets online?
You can easily buy tapentadol online from any reputed pharmacy. You just have to find an authentic site and order tapentadol online. You can pay online through your card or order tapentadol 100mg in cash on delivery. You can get discounted rates on online pharmacies and save money by just clicking and placing the order from the comfort of your home.